Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Triangles & Colors.

That was what I saw as she crossed her legs.

So anyway, I met this girl recently over dinner and drinks. She's a pleasant pleasant-looking girl. She's petite and have a pretty fair complexion. She looked at me in a certain way as I introduced myself with a firm handshake.

From the corner of my eye, I could see her asking our mutual friends about me, while I was in a conversation with some others in the group. The night went on and I could sense her looking every now and then. I didn't really want to make a move.

Then, someone asked me a question and I let slipped that I was sort of seeing someone. She was listening keenly to my conversation. I left it at that. Later on, I switched seats to talk to another person and she came back from the ladies and sat next to me. She and I started to chat and soon, she started asking me about the person I mentioned earlier.

Wow, great! I hate it when that happens - don't you? A brief line or two about that and that's that. The night went on and more drinks were brought to the table. When it was time to leave, she and I shared a cab back home, but someone else tagged along too. As you would imagine, not as many words were exchanged on the way back. Fortunate? Unfortunate? Beats the hell out of me.

The gang met up again the next day and she and I exchanged numbers before we parted. Told her I would call her up for supper or something soon. Just platonic friends at best. I shouldn't and won't bring this any further. Tricky business when there're lots of common connections. Even when both parties know what might/has ensued is purely for fun; still there are some girls who can really talk, if you know what I mean.

Learn to keep it in your pants or keep it out of yours. Whichever applies to you.

2 comments:

(T) (H) (B) said...

That is why I never fuck ppl all my friends know...

Anw, nice new template!

keyinherhole said...

Hi, THB. Thanks.

Yup, I learnt that through experience. Actually, those of whom, who can't get any also talk.