Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy 09 and soon the Lunar New Year

Solar Calendar New Year wish is about 21 days late and the Lunar New Year wish about 4 days earlier. From getting pissed drunk and shit-faced to just sitting around a relative's place, stuffing your face with bak kut, pineapple tarts and whatever's being offered to you. I hate those gatherings where you just sit around and do jack-shit until the folks get tired and decide to call it a night. It's not fun and even the red-packet money's pathetic. I guess you can already infer that I'm not one who comes from a family line of close relatives. Though I can't quite stand such gatherings,  I do play nice and try to create some small talk and liven up the mood of my cousins but that doesn't even really work cause most of them are like (I'll use a term used to describe girls who just lie on their backs and get fucked here) dead fish! Annoying. 

Dude, I'm trying to have a conversation with you - HELLO!? I make the effort and you're the clown sitting there picking at the bak kua stuck between your teeth. Ok, I think I'm giving the impression that I'm a misanthropist or somebody who doesn't uphold family bonds and shit. But seriously...

Anyway, whatever it is, I hope you have a pleasant enough time during CNY and hopefully your relatives aren't as 'thrifty' as mine and citing the bad economy as an excuse. I read that some cheapskates are cutting back on their red packet expenses from say, $10 to $4. For fuck's sake, seriously! It's just an annual thing and its tradition.

Oh well... back to some stories, I suppose. This is random.

1 comment:

(T) (H) (B) said...

I've always got $4 ang pows. $10 is a miracle.