Saturday, April 11, 2009

Her big round eyes.

I was walking back - hand in hand with a girl - after buying something nearby. Then, around the corner, appeared this man and trailing behind him a pair of very familiar tan legs - the neighbor who reminds me of the ex. This girl - I know not her name - has always been stealing glances at me whenever I see her at the lobby. I recall an incident when my brolly wasn't of much help when I was walking back in the rain one sombre afternoon. I reached my lobby and again I saw her. She looked at me and was smiling and giggling.

She went, "Whoa!".

I laughed at her comment and was gonna say something to her, but then I saw her granny trailing behind her and I closed my lips. I smiled; she turned as I passed her by. Queer, I just didn't feel it was appropriate to talk to her with her granny around.

Anyway, back to the former incident, I just walked on and didn't turn my head back to look at her. She was with her dad and her brother and this fair meaty girl (whom I presume is her brother's girlfriend). I reached the lobby with the girl I was with and waited for the elevator. The sweet girl walked by and I could see from the corner of my eye that she half-turned to look at me with her big bright eyes. She and her kin were still waiting for the lift to their even floors as the odd-level lift opened its doors in front of me. I stepped in after the girl, turned 180° to face the opposite lift, to see that the sweet girl facing the same direction I was. Her back was facing me.

Somehow, I sensed that she was looking through the glass pane on the lift door at me, as I looked at her back. I kinda feel that she's probably a little disappointed to see that I was with someone else. Was it reading too much into her stance and gestures? I don't know. Somehow, there're just these kinda strangers that you feel a little connected to.

If anything, I'd be the first to admit that I live more with my heart than with my brain. Pros and Cons. Living and making life's decisions all based on practicality and calculations of the like; life will not be life. I hope I see sweet girl's face again soon.

No comments: